Here's how I make my petal decorated cake, enjoy!
The video was made in Mandarin, but this article is written in English with beautiful pictures!
Making gumpaste petals in motion:
Materials and tools I used:
* rose cutter
* ball tool
* foam mat
* rose viner
* hook tool
* 50% gumpaste and fondant mixture
1. Roll out a very thin layer of the sugarpaste. (Almost see-through)
2. Cut out petals. I cut 23 petals to go with a 6 inch cake here.
Remember to cover these cut-outs with plastic wrap to avoid drying out.
3. Use ball tool to soften the edge.
4. Use viner to create vivid petal vines.
5. Remove the petal from viner, then use hook tool to soften the edge again and create realistic "petal curls".
6. Use water to stick the petals onto fondant covered cake and VOILA!
Here are how the finished cake looks like, very beautiful and romantic!